Teaching and Learning
St Stephen’s School is an academic environment that challenges and inspires, where your child will have every opportunity to explore their passions and potential.
We offer a diverse and innovative curriculum, first-class education and creative facilities, community and outdoor education programs.
While our solid academic results provide a great foundation, it’s the attributes such as flexibility, teamwork, service and humility our students learn that help them to succeed. These attributes shape our students into capable, confident, creative individuals prepared for a world of possibilities and a future of their choosing.
At St Stephen’s School, courses are linked together in groups called Learning Areas. These include The Arts, English and Languages, Health and Physical Education, Humanities, Mathematics, Science, Technologies, and Biblical Studies.
Learning Areas at St Stephen’s School strive to have the following aims embedded within their Teaching and Learning programs.
- provide a caring Christian community where a student’s potential is realised and developed – mind, spirit and character
- develop literacy, numeracy and communication skills
- nurture attitudes and skills necessary for continued learning and personal growth
- encourage environmental awareness, interest and value, on a local, regional and global scale
- provide opportunities for developing respect for others and their right to differing points of view, the ability to work cooperatively towards a common goal, and a sense of responsibility expressed in caring service to others
- equip students with an appreciation of their own worth and the value of others
- foster innovative thinking, creativity, problem-solving skills, and the ability to work collaboratively in preparation for life and work in the 21st century