St Stephen's Institute
Central to what we do at St Stephen's School is to engender a passion for teaching and learning, therefore education at St Stephen's is about Commitment to Culture, Competency in Pedagogy, and Mastery of Curriculum. It is these three fundamental criteria that define our understanding of what it means to be a professional educator at St Stephen's School.
The St Stephen's School Model for Teaching and Learning promotes a "relationship-centred" approach to learning, which prioritises narrative, intrinsic motivation and being excellent for others.
This purpose lies at the heart of the St Stephen's Institute. To work with staff to provide support, guidance, professional and personal growth opportunities that directly link to our School distinctive and our Model for Teaching and Learning.
Our educational philosophy is simple; We Grow People.
- Developing and growing people in wellness and purpose
- Educational research and evidence based practice that informs our teaching and learning
- Promoting a culture of professional learning
- Embracing 21st century pedagogy
- Supporting staff in ensuring professional standards are met
- Talent identification and recruitment
What We Do:
St Stephen's Institute is committed to providing our teaching and non-teaching staff community with opportunities for growth and to ensure that we reflect a Christian approach to education for today, tomorrow and beyond.
- Professional Development
- Staff Training and Mentoring
- Data Analysis
- Education Research and Publications
- Conferences, Seminars and Workshops
- Staff Recruitment and Induction
- Leadership Development
- Career Trajectories
Here is the link for the personal learning calendar for Term 1 2017
For further information about upcoming events visit the School Calendar page of the website or contact the St Stephen's Institute on 9243 2435.